We all take advantage of smart technology in our everyday lives, and thanks to the latest-and-greatest tablets and phones, it’s becoming more and more popular to use it all over the home front. From remotely controlled alarm systems and cameras to irrigation and temperature controls, it’s easy to manage everything that goes on in your dream home from just one device… even when you’re not there.
What Can You Control with Home Automation?
Since automating your home—or at least part of it—gives you the luxury of convenience, knowing your options can help you decide what will work best for your family.
- Home security. With the right tools, you can monitor your home in real-time, set alarms or even close your garage. Forget to lock a door? No problem; your house can get in touch with you and let you know that you’ve overlooked it.
- Disaster warnings. If a pipe leaks, a fire starts or something major breaks that could put your home in jeopardy while you’re away, you can set up a system that notifies you (and the appropriate authorities) immediately. That way, you can take action before it’s too late.
- Temperature. Why keep your entire house at 67 degrees on hot Tennessee days when it’s empty? Why get out of bed to turn up the heat when temperatures dip outside? Smart technology allows you to control your thermostats from anywhere.
- Irrigation. We’ve come a long way from timed sprinkler systems. You can ensure your yard and garden are getting optimal amounts of water with irrigation systems that detect rain; some sprinkler systems can even detect movement on the yard, which turns into a deterrent for trespassers (human or animal).
- Lighting. Don’t let passersby know you’re not home; you can program and control your home lighting remotely so that the lights switch on and off whenever you want them to.
Does Home Automation Make Sense for You?
Since most home automation systems don’t require new wiring, you don’t need to undertake major renovations to make it all work. If you’re interested in maintaining control over your home from anywhere in the world, upgrading to smart technology that takes care of everything is probably one of the best investments you’ll ever make. If you’d like to discuss your plans for a new custom built home or a remodel of your existing home we would love to hear from you. Please fill out the form below. [gravityform id=”9″ name=”Contact Us”]