If you’re thinking about purchasing a custom home, you’re not alone – about half of all people express interest in custom homes rather than preexisting homes.
So should you spring for the home of your dreams?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer, but the reality is that it may be best for you to buy a custom home in Middle Tennessee than it would to buy a preexisting home.
6 Advantages to Buying a Custom Home
While some advantages are obvious (you get to choose your own floor plan and home style), there are a handful of other advantages to buying a custom home that many people don’t consider.
- Buying a custom home could be more cost-effective in the short-term than buying a preexisting home. Home building contractors frequently offer discounts or give you negotiating room that could shave several thousand dollars off the price of your custom home.
- Everything is new – and covered by warranties. When you know that everything in your custom-built home is brand new, you’ll avoid being hit by hidden costs emerging from unseen structural damage, deteriorated electrical wiring or a corroded plumbing system that desperately needs to be replaced.
- You’ll probably save money each month. Having a new furnace, new central air conditioning and new appliances in a custom home means you could save more than $1000 in utility bills each year. Alternately, pre-existing homes come with used HVAC equipment that could last another ten years—or fall apart in six months and cost you thousands to replace them.
- Your custom home will be smarter than its preexisting counterparts are. You’ll be able to integrate the latest-and-greatest smart technology into your brand-new custom home.
- Your home will be truly unique. When you create a custom home to your specifications, nobody else in the world has a home like yours.
- Your custom home is already up-to-date. You don’t have to worry about your custom home being non-compliant with building, environmental and safety codes. Professionally licensed homebuilders have to comply with the latest codes and ensure your home is safe – and there’s no guarantee on preexisting homes.
Why Wouldn’t You Want a Custom Home?
When you’re ready to talk about your options, call us at 615-824-6970 or get in touch with us online. We’d love to help you build your dream home from the ground up.
[gravityform id=”9″ title=”true” description=”true”]